Regression testing is the process of testing changes to a software application to ensure that the changes haven’t introduced any new defects or caused any existing functionality to break. In the context of Oracle Cloud, regression testing might involve testing a new version of an Oracle Cloud application to ensure that it is compatible with the existing infrastructure and performs as expected. Oracle cloud regression testing is often performed after a software application has undergone modifications or changes, such as implementing new features or fixing defects.
Several tools and approaches can be used to perform regression testing in Oracle Cloud, including manual testing, automated testing, and testing frameworks. Overall, the goal of regression testing in Oracle Cloud is to ensure that changes to the software application do not negatively impact the functionality or performance of the application. Thus, below are some of the tips for Oracle cloud regression testing.
- Plan ahead– Regression testing can be time-consuming, so it’s important to plan ahead and allocate enough time and resources for it. Consider using a testing framework or automation tools to make the process more efficient.
- Identify the key areas to test– Identify the key areas of the application that are likely to be affected by the changes, and prioritize testing these areas first. This might include areas of the application that are heavily used by users or areas that are critical to the functioning of the application.
- Use a combination of manual and automated testing– Both manual testing and automated testing have their own strengths and weaknesses. Using a combination of both can be an effective approach to regression testing, as it allows you to leverage the benefits of both approaches.
- Use testing scripts– Developing testing scripts in advance can help ensure that all necessary tests are performed and that they are performed consistently. This can also make it easier to identify and troubleshoot any issues that arise during the testing process.
- Monitor and track progress– Use tools to monitor and track the progress of the regression testing process, including the number of tests performed and the number of defects identified. This can help you identify any issues that need to be addressed and ensure that the testing process is running smoothly.
- Use a staging environment– Consider setting up a staging environment where you can perform regression testing before deploying changes to the production environment. This can help you identify and fix any issues before they impact users.
- Use regression testing tools– There are several tools available for performing regression testing in Oracle Cloud, including Oracle Application Testing Suite (ATS), Oracle Cloud Test, and Selenium. These tools can help automate the testing process and make it more efficient.
Opkey is the ultimate choice for Oracle regression testing. It is an industry-leading, automated regression testing solution with a powerful engine and intuitive UI. The platform offers support for all types of software testing, making it suitable for both small and large businesses. It is also cost-effective, as it does not require manual testers, as all the tests run automatically.