The Covid-19 pandemic was unprecedented, and it affected every walk of life. Physical interaction was restricted to the very minimal, and the world came up with many new tools and methods for effective virtual communication. In this situation, Zoom stood out as a bright star in the world of communication. People use it for online meetings, work from home, personal communication, and online education. Naturally, people wanted to know how to record Zoom meetings for future reference. One way is to be the host of the meeting or get permission from the host to record. However, this is only sometimes possible so let us find out how to record a Zoom meeting without the host’s permission.
Xbox Game Bar [Windows]
You can record Zoom meetings without the host’s permission using the built-in Xbox Game bar as a screen recorder Windows 10 PC and higher versions. Let us see how it goes.
- Launch your Zoom meeting.
- Simultaneously press the Windows logo + G keys to open Xbox Game Bar on your computer.
- Go to the “Show All Captures” bar and click “Record.” You will see a recording screen now indicating that your screen is being recorded.
4. Press the Stop button when you have to stop the recording.
5. On your PC, you can find the Zoom meeting recording at Videos>Captures.
Third-Party Application to Record Zoom Meetings [Windows]
iTop Screen Recorder is a free screen recorder application that allows you to record everything happening on your computer screen. You can use this application as a solution how for recording Zoom meetings without the host’s permission. It is a very easy-to-use software with only a few steps.
- Download the iTop Screen Recorder from the iTop website for free.
- Start your Zoom meeting app and the iTop Screen Recorder app.
3. Select the area on the screen that you want to record i.e., your Zoom user interface or the complete screen area.
4. Click the “REC” button to start the recording, or use the F9 key as a shortcut.
5. This is how to record a Zoom meeting without the host’s permission. Click the red REC button when you have to stop the recording.
6. You can find the recording in the video list, where you can preview, watch and edit your recording.
3. Use Screen Recorder on Smartphone [Android/iOS]
We have figured out how to record Zoom meetings on PC, but what about smartphones? Android and iPhone have native screen recorders that you can use to record Zoom meetings.
How to record Zoom meeting without host permission on Android
Here is a step-by-step tutorial on recording Zoom meetings on Android.
- During your Zoom meeting, swipe from the top to view the notification panel.
- Click on the Record Screen button to record your current screen.
- Use the Stop button on the recording floating menu when you want to stop the recording.
- Your meeting recording is available in your Gallery app.
How to record Zoom meeting without host permission on iPhone
Follow these steps to record the Zoom meeting on your iPhone.
- During your Zoom meeting, swipe from the top or bottom according to your iPhone model to open the notification center.
- Tap the Record Screen button to record your Zoom meeting.
- Use the same button to stop the recording when you are done.
- You can find the recording video inside the Photos app.
Zoom meetings are very important, and sometimes you have to figure out how to record Zoom meetings without the host’s permission to keep a personal record for future reference and notes taking. We have discussed various screen recording methods to help you record your Zoom meetings. You can choose the best one for your requirements among the iTop Screen Recorder, native smartphone recorders, or Xbox recording.